Monday, March 9, 2009

Run for Relief

For many villagers in Burma, running is not a choise..
..if they want to live.
Millions have ran from their homes, some have managed to cross the river over to the refugeese caps on the border to Thailand. And many of them are hiding in the mountains, in the deep jungle.
On saturday we were over 800 people together running to honour our brave brothers and sisters. The 200bath we paid to join the race went to support the wonderful work that is being done by missioners living in the refugeese camps. I'm so filled with respect to the people who risks everything to cross the border with food, medecines and hope to the people hiding in the jungle. That must be what Jesus meant by "loving our neighbors as ourselves". What if it was me there on the other side.. would you have come? and if it was you.. would I have come if only to give you a hug? I can feel it challenges me.
Is there any borders in my life that holds me back doing what Jesus commanded me to do? Yes, too many..
But God can use a willing heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment