Tuesday, October 20, 2009

God is faithful

Friday night.. still no ticket from Mexico city to Georgetown, Guyana. Not even someone to drive me to the airport.. but once more I got to experience God's faithfulness, and help from people that loves me. I am so blessed. A few hours later I packed my stuff and left from Grimerud.. As I sat at Gardermoen, waiting, I suddenly realized that I had really no idea of what I'm heading on to. Maybe I am a bit crazy, after all, but my heart is filled with this amazing peace that surpasses all knowledge.

Paris.. too late for the next flight, too many people, running fast, but not fast enough. Praying that God will delay the flight. He did. I entered the plane in the very last minute. I got a seat next to this very nice Mecixan man, who were very willing to let me tell Him all about Jesus, hour after hour.. Joy.

Mexico city.. my connecting flight to Miami didn't leave until next morning, so I'd got to stay at the airport. God showed me this place away from the crowds of people, so I rolled out my sleeping bag and laid down on top of my giutar and my backpack..

Flying from Mexico city into this beautiful, beautiful sunrise. Flying in cercles over Miami.. Sleeping im Miami one night. Get to talk to a lot of nice people. Coffee at starbucks. Playing my guitar, and praising Jesus. Monday afternoon.. take off to Trinidad and Tobago. Flying over the Caribbean while the sunset is painting the heaven dark red. What a wonderful maker, what a mighty god, which is living inside of me.. Wow..

some more hours in Port of Spain before finally landing in Guyana late monday night. Kim(the leader of the YWAM base) warmly welcomed me at the airport, and we went on for one and a half hour drive to Parika, which is a small village outside of Georgetown.

This is my first day in Guyana. It's a BEAUTIFUL country, wilderness and rivers everywhere. The people that I stay with are just amazing. They all have powerful testemonies about God's faithfulness in their lives. I don't know why God brought me here, but I have big expectations for what He wants to teach me, show me, reveal for me, do through me while I'm here. I'm just so filled with joy and peace.

Thanks for praying for me. I can feel in my heart that you guys are really praying. Pray that I'll be a blessing and a smile to the people here. God is good, and He is always faithful.

5 comments:

  1. Du e fantastisk, og du e definnitivt på rett plass. Og eg er så veldig glad for at alt ordna seg for deg! Ønsker inderlig at eg kunne vært der med deg. Men eg er på rett plass til rett tid! "Viss du ønsker å kjenne Guds fred som overgår all forstand så må du gi opp din rett til å forstå den [Da den overgår all forstand]." - Bill Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eg har ikkje ord, Janne! Eg elsker å lese blogginnlegga dine:) Alt du opplever og prisar Gud for, er beundringsverdig. Eg måtte skrive ein stil i går, om "good qualities in a friend". Eg skreiv 636 ord om deg:) Det høyres ut som om Gud har allereie bruka deg til å velsinge mange på reisa di til Guyana. Det er ingen tivil om at han kan bruke deg vidare!
    Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
    Gå i fred, Janne:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ÅÅ janne!Stum av beundring! Føler meg litt trygg bare ved å vite at vi er i samme kontinent :)
    Har du mulighet til skype eller et telefonnr eg kan ringe? Må få høre masse!
    Klemmings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eg e saa vanvittig heldig, eg, som har saa mange kjaere venner som eg verdsetter saa utrulig hogt!!! innrommer at det triller noen taarer her eg sitter og smiler for meg sjol. veldig glad i daake alle sammen. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jettis, someone just gave me a phone..
    nr: +592 6670331.
    og, du Marte, faar eg lese stilen?? Eg e ikkje saa flink til aa se gode kvaliteter ved meg sjol vettu, saa kanskje den kan hjelpe meg? bare viss du vil..

    godt sagt, Bill Johnson(Haakon)..

    ReplyDelete