Saturday, October 31, 2009

Parika

I keep praying for God to break my heart for this nation, for these people. and suddenly when this heavy, heavy burden appears on my shoulders, I don't understand it. I get totally worn out, and all I want is to lay flat on the floor and weep. but then this beautiful little African girl comes to me. she is poor. her clothes are torn. her face is dirty. but her eyes shines, though they've seen a lot of pain. she sits down on my lap, looks into my eyes and place her head at my chest, seeking love in my arms. and suddenly I realize... tears starts rolling down my face. Thank You, Father for sharing a piece of Your heart with me..

Another week of this adventure is over. This is really a time where God is equipping me for what He has for me in the future. a time of drawing closer to Him, letting Him build a stronger foundation in me. It's exciting. I'm enjoying every day!
Yesterday we went back to the hospital to visit the patients. I sat on a man's bed for to hours, talking to him, reading from the Bible, praying for him, and just speaking faith and hope into his heart. He didn't have anything, so we gave him a sheet for the bed, toilet paper, washing cloth, soap, tooth brush, food, I've never seen anyone so happy to get a box of juice. The guy next to him suffered from TB, and he didn't have much time left. I witnessed him receiving Jesus as his Lord and Savior. awesome...

The rainy season has really come. I thought as a "bergenser" that I knew what heavy rain was, but I realize I had no idea. I wake up every night, actually believing we are going to die, because of the heavy rain, thunder and lightning. then my thoughts goes down the road to some of our very poor neighbors that doesn't even have a house to stay in.. oh God..
Yesterday we gathered everyone in the whole village to watch the movie "facing the giants". we baked hundreds of coconut buns and threw up a big screen in the backyard. a lot of people gathered, even the monkeys came to watch from the mango trees. it was great!!

Thanks for praying for my brothers in Tanzania. They are completely healed. Praise God.

3 comments:

  1. Janne, det er så inspirerende og sterkt å lese om hvordan du lever med Gud.. Tusen takk for at du deler med oss ! Du er herlig, Ære til Han.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janne, du Janne!
    Eg blir helt satt ut av å lese om ditt fantastiske liv!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aa Barbro. eg maa bare si at bloggen din er kanonbra. leste de sterke profetiene du la ut, og "tears from the saints" har blitt sunget x antall ganger. Glad vi kan vaere til inspirasjon for hverandre! God bless!

    Henriettemor! det er ingenting som kan sammenlignes med aa leve et liv naer til Gud. da spiller det ingen rolle hva en gjor eller hvor en er. ikke bli satt ut - gaa heller inn i Hans naerhet. der er det fantastisk aa vaere!

    ReplyDelete