Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What if I stumble?

"what if I stumble? what if I fall?...
will the love continue when my walk has become a crawl?
what if I stumble, and what if I fall?"

I am just a girl who desires to live her life for Jesus. that doesn't make me perfect. I stumble and fall, make mistakes over and over again. Staying in Guyana has been really hard in many ways. and the last week have been more tears and pain than joy. but God can use every circumstances to teach us something, and draw us closer to Him. I learned a great lesson last week. we've been praying for rain for weeks now, and people really suffer when the rain don't fall. as I was cleaning the fence, from the inside out, God spoke to me about cleaning my own heart. He told me I had let pride snik in, pride that hindered Him to rain down His blessings over me. as I asked for forgiveness, the heaven opened and the rain fell like crazy. and since that day it has rained. over the land, and in my heart. new peace, new joy.

But the main reason why I went on this trip, was to travel, explore, see more of God through His creation, new cultures, new people, worship Him with my guitar and new songs everywhere. and that is not a part of my day anymore, so I've decided to leave Guyana. It has been six intense weeks. I've been extremely happy, and extremely sad, discurraged and lonely. It is hard to travel alone, learning to know a new culture alone, with nobody there who understands, no one to share with, we need people around us. and the more I am away from my friends and family, the more I realize how improtant they are to me, how deep I love them all. But travelling alone also teaches you thing you couldn't learn together with someone, and I've never experienced God's faithfulness in a greater way. He has brought me through this time, and made me stronger in Him.

continue to pray for me in Brazil...
love

1 comment:

  1. Rørende ord du skriver. Kjenner meg så alt for gått igjen! Du er tøff som gjør dette alene:) Beundringsverdig!
    Håper du kan få noen gode opplevelser når du kommer hit til Brasil !
    Jos. 1:9

    ReplyDelete